Introduction to the Internet for Seniors using the Safari web browser (BYO iPad or Apple laptop)
This is a great introductory course for those who either don’t know how to ‘surf the Internet / World Wide Web’ or who do but feel like they are just muddling around.
We have designed this course especially for Seniors with iPads or MacBooks / Apple laptops. We use simple language and when required, explain jargon and technical language in simple terms. With a maximum of 12 people in each class, we encourage attendees to ask questions and stop us if you don’t understand something.
As there are many different Internet browsers out there, this course is designed specifically to take you through the Safari browser which is the default browser installed on iPads and MacBooks / Apple laptops. IF you have a different brand of laptop or tablet but use the Safari browser then you can bring that too.
This 2.5 hour course will take you through the following:
- What is the Internet and World Wide Web?
- What is a website?
- What is a web browser and why do I need it?
- What is a URL or web address?
- What are hyperlinks?
- What are the key elements of Safari – the web browser?
- How do I find things on the Internet?
- How to use some simple tricks to narrow searches down with Google
- What are all those ads that appear?
- How do I bookmark websites and pages that I like?
- How do I get back to pages I previously visited?
- How do I close tabs or browser windows down?
Depending on time and your questions, other items may be covered.
Morning or afternoon tea will be provided.
What you need to bring or know:
- Bring your own iPad or MacBook / Apple laptop.
- Know how to turn on your iPad or MacBook / Apple laptop and join a wireless network. (We will provide you with our wifi details.)
Cost: $55.00 per person (including morning or afternoon tea).
If we don’t have any upcoming classes scheduled, please contact us. Alternatively, if you can get a group of five or more people together, we can put on a special class at The Lime Zone for you.