One-On-One Tuition up to Year 12
The Lime Zone offers one-on-one tuition in-centre or in-home (within 5 kms of The Lime Zone) in core primary and middle years subjects, Maths A, Maths B, Maths C, English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Senior English, Accounting, Economics, History, Study of Religion, and other subjects (depending on tutor availability).
Tuition will be offered in one-hour time slots on a ‘pay-by-the-term’ basis in The Lime Zone OR in-home from Monday to Saturday. Adhoc tutoring can be done too but is likely to only be available in the later time slots.
The cost will be $60 per hour (in-centre) or $65 per hour (in-home) payable by the term or balance of the term. Where we have qualified teachers available, they are charged at $75 per hour (in-centre) or $80 per hour (in-home). * For new clients, we get you to pay for two sessions up front and then we chat to you to make sure you are happy with the service before you continue for the balance of the term.
For those students in grades 2 to 10, and where space is still available, parents can opt to pay an extra $20 per session (payable by the term or balance of the term) to have that same child spend the rest of that afternoon in the after school homework club. *
Tutors are selected from high-achieving university students (or graduates/teachers) with excellent results in all core subjects including maths and/or English and deemed to have an outstanding ability to impart their knowledge.
Tutors will work with your child giving them help in any areas in which they need assistance for the subject nominated. If you or your child’s teacher have specific areas that need to be covered, you should convey this to your tutor at your earliest convenience. If you would like us to prepare a specialised learning plan we can do this at an additional cost. Please let us know if you require this service.
Whilst we will schedule the same tutor for your child for the whole term, please understand that there may be circumstances beyond our control that may require us assigning a different tutor part-way through a term or if they are ill.
We can also supply tutors in-home to help with all your children. For example, you may request a tutor to spend say 2.5 hours one afternoon a week. The tutor can either work one-on-one with each child or they can help them as a group. We have several clients using this service.
Our current tutor list can be viewed here. Most of our tutors have strong skills in both maths and English so have the ability to be flexible and help students of all ages.
To keep this price down, there is a strict attendance policy:
- If you provide less than 24 hours notice of an inability to attend a session, you will forfeit your session as the tutor still has to be paid.
- If you provide more than 24 hours notice of an inability to attend a session and the tutor is able to re-schedule at a mutually agreeable time, the session is not forfeited and will run at the new time. We make no promises that a tutor can re-schedule. To be fair to our tutors, parents/caregivers are only allowed to do this a maximum of twice in any term. After that, if your child can not attend a scheduled session, it will be forfeited.
- As soon as you know your child can not attend a tutoring session, please let your tutor know by contacting them directly. Their contact details are disclosed in the job description area of our tutorcruncher tuition management system and also send an SMS to Michelle on 0417 916 529.
- If the tutor is sick or can not attend and we can not find a suitable replacement, we will re-schedule that session at a mutually agreeable time.
If you wish to inquire or book one-on-one tuition please contact Michelle Jansen on 3262 5937 or 0417 916 529.
* Prices are subject to change without notice.