‘Stories-n-more’ – a toddler literacy programme for children aged 2.5 to 5
Back in 2014, we introduced our ‘Stories-n-more’ programme for children aged between 2.5 and 5. This is an excellent addition to activities for little ones in Brisbane. At the moment we don’t have scheduled sessions but if you can get a group of at least 5 mums, dads and carers together we are happy to discuss putting a class on.
Activities for toddlers/pre-school children in Brisbane or North Brisbane
Each week we will have a new story and the 45 minute session will be themed around it. Whilst we will include the following types of activities, the children’s interest on the day will drive just how many we fit in:
- helps to promote listening and language skills
- some stories will involve rhyme and repetition
- toddler literacy programme helps to encourage a lifelong love of reading
- children will start to discover the world around them
- finger and/or hand puppets may be used by them to re-tell or tell a new story
Art and craft
- stimulates their creative and artistic side.
- encourages unique artistic expression with no right or wrong.
- great for fine motor skills.
Music and movement
- helps to develop both sides of the brain
- stimulates children’s social, emotional, physical, cognitive and general language development
- sharpens listening skills
A qualified teacher will take the class.
Small class sizes (maximum of 10 students) will be maintained.
A parent or caregiver is expected to stay with their child/ren and help them as required.
The cost is just $16.50 (inc. GST) per session but payable by the term or balance of the term.
toddler activities, Brisbane, toddler activities in Brisbane, pre-school activities in North Brisbane, Brisbane North, Clayfield, Ascot, Hendra, Hamilton, educational activities, toddlers, pre-school